Art/Hippie Hostel Work Exchange in Eugene, Oregon, USA
Eugene Hostel is located in the original neighborhood of Eugene and is nestled up next to the current “downtown” area perating in the Whiteaker neighborhood for 15 years now. The hostel is filled to the brim with the art, music, and talents of years of work traders from every country imaginable. You’ll be only minutes away from the river, shopping, bars, restaurants, hiking, rock climbing, yoga and more.
About the work exchange & volunteering program
The hostel is looking for folks to work 8 hour shifts doing reception or housekeeping stuff. It’s a hostel, so there’s plenty of interaction between guests and staff. This program allows work exchangers to do passion projects as part of their trade, and ensures 4 full days off per week (when operating at full capacity).
As a volunteer you will get the opportunity to explore the Northwest. Eugene has a wonderful history of hippy culture and activism, and the Whiteaker neighborhood is right in the heart of this! Eugene Hostel participates as a hostel in the ArtWalk every month with food, music, and community. This place is less then one hour from the Pacific coast to the west and great mountain hikes to the east, as well as hot springs and great music venues.
In the summer, you’ll be only a 10 minute walk away from the river, for paddleboarding and floating! In the Winter, you’re just a busride away from your dream weekend skiing and snowboarding.
The duties include reception, gardening, housekeeping and special projects.
- Experience in hospitality, travel, and language is a plus.
- Honesty, integrity, and inquisitive personalities are welcome.
- You’ll be asked to work in maximum of 3 shifts, each 8 hours, with a support manager and buddy to help you, in exchange for accommodations and a self serve breakfast each morning every.
About the area
Eugene is very bike friendly and nearly everything interesting can be reached by bike, bus, or bipedal mean. The Willamette River is super close and has a wonderful trail system.
What’s in it for You?
- Accommodations vary from a three bed to a four bed dorm, and an Icosa Hut which resembles a yurt. Adventurous personalities encouraged.
- There are staff only areas to ensure your privacy and make our hostel your comfortable home too.
- Breakfast every morning, with fresh eggs, as well as staple foods always provided. And of course, infinite leftovers :).
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Oregon, the USA. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Oregon (USA) also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!