Help in a retreat center in Baja, Mexico!
La Duna Centro Ecológico is a hidden gem on a beautiful landscape of soft rolling coastal dunes in La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico. La Duna has served as an incubator of community-led development initiatives for over 12 years. It was designed to showcase the local ecology and culture working towards sustainability and to promote community interaction and collaboration. Come and join La Duna for a work exchange program, help out in gardening, maintenance, kitchen service, or media content creation depending on your work experience!
About the volunteer & work exchange program
Words from your host:
“We are a retreat center and we host groups doing yoga, meditation, sacred medicine, arts, and ecology. We have an organic garden, hens and dogs, we monitor with a citizen science protocol the wild fauna and flora, we are in the desert by the sea and mountains of the southern peninsula. You can get full board with your work exchange in our hospitality tasks, kitchen service, maintenance and repair needs, gardens upkeep, social media and creative content, and art projects. Will be expected to work 5 hrs a day for 5 days a week. Tasks are assigned according to Center needs and volunteer talents.”
What’s in it for You?
- A private tent and mat to sleep in, bring your own sleeping bag and towel, your own personal medicines, healthcare is not included.
- Transportation to center on arrival, for emergencies, and once a week when we go into town for supplies. Ubers are available but we do not cover those.
- Three vegetarian meals a day, when we have retreats there is a cook, but when we don’t, everyone can cook together or cook on their own.
- All bathrooms and showers are shared, we have solar camping bags for hot showers. We are solar operated, and we truck water from a well, so some limitations will be present.
- We do have good wifi, but no cellphone service.
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Mexico. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Mexico also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!