Hostel and surf school work exchange in Costa Rica
Just an hour and a half away from San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, and Costa Rica airport, Jacó and Jacó beach is a little gem located in the central Pacific. With the Ocean on the west and the rain forest on the east, this booming surf area is totally surrounded by nature and wild life. Near the best restaurants and the hottest clubs is the setting for Jaco Inn where you’ll have an opportunity to work as a volunteer to help out with the daily operation of the hostel.
About the work exchange & volunteer opportunity
Jaco Inn represents an active and balanced life style, social and environmental conscious movements, and community engagement. The hostel currently host volunteer(s) for Front Desk Receptionist. Friendly people with high social skills who learn quick and adapt well to new places are needed for this position. Reception welcomes guests with a smile, manages bookings, and answers emails and social media inquiries.
Volunteers will be working a full week, Monday to Sunday and have a full week free of work which allow them to have enough free time to travel and get to know Costa Rica.
Despite having a very comfortable schedule, being a receptionist requires a minimum of one week training. You are required to work as a receptionst for a minimum time of 3 months. Definitely commitment is the number one quality your host look for in the team members. Each volunteer must work 6 hours a day, from 4pm to 10pm, for a full week (Monday to Sunday) and then enjoy another week completely free of work.
What’s in it for you
- Shared Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
- Free Laundry: You can use the hostel’s laundry room freely.
- Free Tours: Hostel tours and rides around town are free for volunteers!
- Bikes at your disposal.
- Surfboards: You can use the surfboards as much as you want.
- Surf lessons: Take free surf classes at the local beaches.
- Fluent English or Beginner Spanish
- Over 21 years old
- Be from outside Costa Rica
What’s not included
- Travel Insurance.
- Internal Transportation and Visa.
- The use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited.
- It is not allowed to work under alcohol effects or any illegal substances.
- The entry of people from outside the hostel is not permitted after 10pm.
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Costa Rica. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Costa Rica also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!