Hostel volunteering with free room and board in Guatemala
Free Cerveza is a fun glamping hostel located right on the beautiful shores of Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. This lakefront property overlooks 3 of Central America’s most famous volcanoes – San Pedro, . The property features a full bar, free kayak & sauna and nightly entertainment.
About the work exchange & volunteer program
Free Cerveza is regularly recruiting exceptionally energetic, wide-eyed & worldly, intriguingly innovative travelers to come join their kick-ass team of volunteers. You’ll be meeting and greeting guests, running activities and games, and sharing your travel expertise and knowledge with a bunch of other travelers from Guatemala and all across the globe.
What’s in it for You?
- A bed in our volunteer dormitory.
- Three delicious meals every day. Plus 50% off of our menu if you want something extra.
- A diverse team of international volunteers and local Mayan staff.
- 50% discounts on alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks and snacks.
- Spectacular views of the “most beautiful lake in the world” complete with three volcanoes, submerged cities, and erupting volcanoes off in the distance.
- Flourishing terrace gardens and banana trees all nestled at the entrance to a lush green mountain valley.
- Incorporated permaculture techniques, compost toilets, and hot showers.
- Private docks, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, and a yoga platform.
- Partnerships with hostels around the lake, in Antigua, and in El Paredon.
- To work 5 shifts per week (6 hours per shift) welcoming guests and touring them around the property, providing awesome customer service at the bar, serving meals and cleaning up after meals, and performing all other side work tasks.
- Occasionally to lead a sunrise hike or sunrise stand-up paddleboard tour for additional rewards.
- An enthusiasm for living in the eco-lodge, accessible only by boat and located in the ever beautiful and sometimes challenging Guatemala.
- Conversational Spanish and beyond or an eagerness to learn.
- Previous hospitality experience is appreciated but not essential.
- Travelers who can make a 4+ week commitment.
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Guatemala. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Guatemala. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!