Hostel work exchange in Canada
Ocean Island Inn is located in downtown Victoria, Canada. This centrally located hostel is a perfect place to discover the city and surroundings. Chinatown, nightlife, museums, cafes, shops are next door, access to ocean beaches, fantastic forests, lakes, rivers and mountains is minutes away by walking, bikes and public transportation.
The fully renovated 1891 heritage building is close to all the action of the city as well as wonderful parks the beach and hiking trails. It’s a family-owned business with approximately 30 employees, which provides a friendly and welcoming home away from home to a wide variety of travelers from around the world.
About the work exchange program
The jobs vary depending on the needs at the particular time, but could include the following:
- Housekeeping (cleaning rooms, bathrooms, common areas, laundry, etc)
- Painting and other minor maintenance work
- Gardening (seasonal)
- Translation, and Internet research
- Any other skills you possess which can be useful for the day to day operation of the hostel
- Jobs vary from 18 to 23 hours per week, depending on the type of work, how much you want to work and how long you are staying
- A minimum commitment of three weeks is required
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (meaning you have a valid Social Insurance Number)
- Be able to speak basic English
You get in exchange
- A special discounted staff rate on accommodation in one of our dorms (they have men’s, women’s and co-ed), or possibly a private room (in the winter, depending on what type of work you’re doing and the length of your stay)
- Breakfast, dinner and a nightly cocktail are also included
- After you have paid for your accommodation, you will get $60 a week spending money (for 20 hour a week jobs) or up to $280 a week if you work more hours
- A fun work environment living and working with cool cats from around the world
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Canada. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Canada also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!