Karma yoga volunteer opportunity in a retreat center in Belgium
Akasha Retreat Center is located near the German and Dutch border in a beautiful old monastery, surrounded by nature in Belgium. The area is not only known for its spring blossoms and fruit trees, but also for its rich prehistoric, Roman and medieval history. The building of the retreat center itself is a small old nun monastery which was a part of the property of a nearby castle called Hex. It’s a peaceful and relaxing place where you can reconnect with the yourself and Mother Nature.
About the volunteer & work exchange program
Life in Akasha Retreat Center revolves around the spirit of ‘karma yoga’. If you want to learn and deepen the qualities of service and love, you are welcome to apply for joining as a volunteer.
Volunteers work an average of 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Motivated people with a flexible attitude, clear commitment and spiritual aspiration to deepen in meditation, yoga and/or sound healing are expected to apply for this long term opportunity. The minimum lenght of your stay would be one month, but preferably you would stay three months.
Depending on your interests and talents, you can work in specific fields, but your help might be needed in different fields such as:
- vegan cooking,
- cleaning and housekeeping,
- picking up/dropping off guests from nearby train station,
- welcoming guests,
- occasionally marketing/bookings,
- teaching yoga or other related workshops (if you have the skill and education),
As a small community Akasha will only host maximum 4 or 5 volunteers at a time.
What’s in it for You?
- A peaceful and natural environment to reconnect with yourself.
- A multicultural sangha (= spiritual community to inspire one another and lift each other up).
- All meals and accommodation. Food will mainly be organic, is high in quality and purely vegan or vegetarian.
- Daily meditation, yoga, soundhealing sessions and/or evening workshops. Some specific workshops may be closed to students only.
- Opportunity to deepen your yoga/meditation/soundhealing practice.
If you have the skills and education to offer professional massage, healing sessions, coachings,… you can offer this to the guests. 70% of the income will be for you.
You will be staying inside the old monastic building with all the guests and staff. The house is very spacious and has a beautiful living room and big workshop/meditation hall. You will be sleeping in one of the rooms, mostly shared with 1 or 2 other volunteers. Couples could stay in a private room if it is available. If you prefer to stay in a tent, this is possible between April and September.
- No drugs or alcohol.
- No smoking on the property.
- Willingness to serve from a pure intention and with transparency.
- Being punctual when your shift starts.
- Being committed to the agreed period of volunteering.
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Belgium. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Belgium also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!