Off-grid mountain retreat center work exchange program in Arizona, USA
Diamond Mountain Retreat Center is located in the Chiricahua Mountains of Southeast Arizona, USA. It’s a beautiful and magical buddhist center, inspired by the Tradition of Je Tsongkapa. The center has almost 30 unique cottages which were built specifically for retreat purposes and are available to rent. Courses and retreats on Buddhism, meditation, and yoga as well as volunteer programs are offered to visitors throughout the year, so volunteer help is much needed to run this off-grid project seamlessly.
About the work exchange & volunteer opportunity
Work exchangers are asked to serve 30 hours per week on average in the following areas:
- hospitality and cleaning
- or special event-based projects.
Weekends are free to relax, meditate, and explore local attractions. If you’re looking to go deeper in your own practice and connect with a supportive community of practitioners, this is the perfect opportunity.
What will you receive in exchange for your hard work?
- simple, shared accommodation with beds/bunk beds
- use of a community kitchen
- comfortable bed and linens
- transportation between Tucson Airport and Diamond Mountain
- an opportunity to serve the dharma while learning how to use service as a spiritual path.
Suggested items to bring
- Sun protection (Sun glasses, sunscreen, long sleeves and long pants, and sun hat).
- Layers (Temperatures vary daily 30F and 15℃ between sundown and midday).
- Comfortable walking or hiking shoes.
- Rain gear (poncho and/ or umbrella).
- Flashlight/ Headlamp and new rechargeable batteries and battery charger.
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, lip balm, body lotion, eye drops, feminine products.).
- Personal care items (vitamins, cold and headache medicines, throat lozenges, face mask or bandana etc.).
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Arizona, USA. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Arizona also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!