Volunteer English teachers needed in Vietnam
Everest English Center provides English classes for all ages in rural areas of Hanoi, Vietnam. The main priority of the language school is to help students overcome their fear of speaking English and achieve their desires to be able to communicate with foreigners fluently. Thus, conversational English in the classes is the primary focus. This will help the students sharpen and refresh their speech, pronunciation and communication skills. The center also strives to empower the local people through enabling them the opportunity to get a good job in an English speaking environment.
Moreover, Everest English Center creates a multi-cultural environment for both volunteers and Vietnamese people. You can discover the Vietnamese culture and customs through meals, daily life, traditional landscapes and festivals.
About the work exchange & volunteer program
Everest English Center creates an open and fair learning environment in the suburbs of Hanoi to access practical English lessons with English speaking volunteers from all over the world regardless of economic status.
Volunteers can discover the wonderful Vietnamese culture and customs through home-cooked meals, traditional suburban landscapes, daily life and local festivals. Whatever your background you are welcome to join the center if you are a native or fluent English speaker. You’ll work maximum 20 hours per week, and you are required to stay for 3 weeks at least.
What’s in it for you?
- Free shared accommodation with other volunteers.
- Shared bathrooms (with hot water).
- Kitchen room with fridge and gas cooker.
- Balcony with view of the fields and gardens.
- Free coffee, tea, drinking water and hot water.
- A bus pass entitling you to free travel (only for volunteers staying 2 months or more)
- Volunteers are often invited to visit local families for drinks and food to learn about traditional culture.
- You can drink beer, play pool and sing karaoke in one of the many local bars.
About the area you will stay
- There is a stadium close by where you can partake in sporting activities such as football, volleyball and running. Sometimes, there are some traditional festivals for the community to enjoy.
- There are nearby markets and supermarkets where you can buy fresh produce and integrate with the friendly locals.
- The center is a short drive from the airport and a short walk to the bus station (bus 07,56,58,64) which makes it easy to travel to Hanoi center and other interesting areas around the city. In addition, you can drive a motorbike to Hanoi center in just 30 minutes.
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to the USA. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to the USA also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!