Work exchange help wanted in North Carolina
The Art of Living Retreat Center is the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. Set amidst more than 380 acres of pristine forest high up in the Blue Ridge Mountain is a tranquil sanctuary. Embrace the art of living in a pristine natural setting of Boone, North Carolina.
About the service and volunteer program
If you are interested in integrating yoga and service, the Art of Living Retreat Center invites you to apply for the Volunteer Program that’s rich in outward giving and inner discovery.
Volunteers play a key role in the center’s goal of providing a retreat center for guests to rest, rejuvenate, learn and grow in a community of celebration and diversity.
Volunteers are requested to work at least 35 hours of service per week in the following fields
- Guest Services
- Program Coordinator
- Facilities and Grounds
- Content Development
- Culinary Assistance and Dining Services
- Trails and Forestry
- Organic Farm and Garden
- Spa Therapy
While not doing service, volunteers engage in other great activities like:
- Adventurous Hiking
- Meditative Chant
- Yoga and Meditation sessions
Housing and food are provided. Housing is shared in single-sex rooms in private rooms with bathrooms. The center provides a wholesome diet of plant-based, vegetarian cuisine. If you have specific allergies, please e-mail them with your application.
- Fill out the application form and pay the $35 application fee.
- An interview will be scheduled with a program lead after 2 weeks of your service to review whether the program is a good fit for you and the community, after which point a participant will be invited to extend their stay. Permanent positions will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Preference will be given to applications on a first come, first-reviewed basis, with preference given to those who can commit for longer periods.
A minimum period of 3 months is requested.
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to North Carolina, USA. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to North Carolina, USA also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!