Work exchange in Nicaragua with free surfing board
A new brand of businessman who wanted to share their passion for surf, yoga and travelling found the perfect spot to create their very own heaven on heart, crafted from the deepest dreams they had.
Happiness is not originated from the accumulation of wealth but from sharing moments and exchanging knowledge with people from around the world, that’s exactly what Free Spirit Hostel in Nicaragua is all about. Get out your comfort zone and come live a crazy yet safe experience were you will learn how to surf , discover a new culture, enjoy an alternative lifestyle and much more.
About the program
All year long, Free Spirit Hostel in Nicaragua is looking for volunteers to join their team. Your tasks could be almost anything in the hostel but your most important one will be to make the customers happy at all time.
You will have free food and accommodation in exchange for 6h of work per day.
You’ll have free access to:
- 30 surfboards
- daily yoga classes as well as everything on this amazing site
- you will have the chance to live right on the beach for a few months with new friends everyday.
- only English speaking volunteers are welcome to apply
- friendly, outgoing personality
- stay at least 1, 2 or 3 months in the job
– Paid position ($) with 1 day off per week
– In charge of the locals employees and others volunteers, check-in & check-out, dealing with locals suppliers, ETC…
– In control of the entire hostel (with help from the owners)
-If you want to be put out of your comfort zone, this job is for you. He are looking for an outgoing, responsible person
P.S. Spanish is almost mandatory.
P.S.S Please joint with your application your management experiences and WHY you will be the best Free Spirit manager.
(Person in charge of giving the theoric and pratical surf class)
-Need to be a good surfer and loving the ocean!
-Person who love to help people discovering this amazing sport for the first time!
-Friendly and outgoing person!
P.S. The beginners surf class are at low tide when the waves are small, so you will have all day to surf the high tide and enjoy the good waves in a uncrowded beach!
(person in charge of giving the daily yoga class to our clients)
– Need to be a certified yoga teacher!
– Person who love sharing is passion for yoga to new yogis and more advances one!
P.S. The yoga teacher will have other tasks to do at the hostel, from helping the manager in task such as reception or helping in the kitchen or anything else.
BARMAN / RECEPTION
(Can be morning shift, afternoon one or night time)
– Need to be good with people and love to have fun with clients!
– Experience in bar and restaurant an asset but not necessary!
– Need to love cooking!
– Having some initiative and creativity. We have a recipe book but we love that our chef try new things!
– Experience as a cook in a restaurant an asset but not necessary!
How to apply?
- The title of the message should be: Volunteer/COOK/June or Volunteer/BARMAN/August or Volunteer/SURF/May or Volunteer/YOGA/December
- Dates of arrival and departure (1 to 3 months ).
- The position you are interested in.
- In ten words, describe The Free Spirit in you.
- For the BARMAN position, write a joke, for the COOK, write your favorite recipe without quantity (make us salivate), for the SURF TEACHER, explain your surf experience (since when are you surfing, where did you surf in the past, etc.) and for the YOGA TEACHER, give them details about where you did your teacher training, since when are you teaching yoga, can you teach in english and in 2 sentences why you are the best candidate.
If you are selected, you’ll be contacted for a Skype meeting. Then if you become part of the Free Spirit Family, you will have 2-3 weeks to buy a flight ticket to confirm that you are coming. If not they willl have to find somebody else to replace you.
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Nicaragua. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Nicaragua also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!