Work exchange opportunity in Minnesota
Camphill Village Minnesota (CVM) is a non-profit organization in Central Minnesota. CVM’s mission is to create and sustain community where people with and without disabilities live, work and care for each other to foster social, spiritual, cultural and agricultural renewal. The community is part of an international movement of over 100 communities worldwide.
About the program
Camphill is located on a 500-acre biodynamic farm ten miles north of Sauk Centre in Central Minnesota. People live together family-style in seven different homes. Everyone shares in the responsibilities of life in the community.
Life in the Village revolves around the cycles of nature, with festivals marking the changing seasons. Plays, concerts, lectures and continuing education add depth and color to the fabric of the community.
Camphill Village Minnesota is part of a worldwide movement that began in Scotland by Dr. Karl König just before World War II. The work of Camphill is based on the teachings of Rudolf Steiner, the Austrian scientist, philosopher and educator who also inspired Waldorf education.
Every year, CVM welcomes individuals from around the globe to share their life together. These volunteer “Coworkers”join us for one year or longer, living and working with adults with developmental disabilities, and contributing to the social and cultural life of the community.
The worklife involves:
- biodynamic farming and gardening
- a variety of crafts such as woodworking and loom weaving
- a bakery and food processing kitchen
- and a variety of therapeutic arts.
- 18 years of age or older required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to perform well in environment that requires compassion, helpfulness, patience, and resourcefulness
- Must be able to pass a background and sex offender check
- Direct care experience preferred
- Ability to lift 30 lbs required
- Good communication skills preferred
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
- Passion for engaging with people who have developmental disabilities
- Sharing in daily meal preparation
- Medication assistance
- Occasional grocery shopping
- Intermittent sole house awareness
- Engaging with crews of 2-5 people who have developmental disabilities
- Balancing financial records (if applicable)
- Regular Star Services training (provided)
- Interfacing with medical personnel on behalf of an individual (if applicable)
- Progress tracking (if applicable)
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Minnesota, USA. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Minnesota (USA) also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!