Work exchange program in an eco-lodge and yoga-retreat center in Costa Rica
Nestled in the verdant and resplendent natural beauty of Costa Rica’s Southern Pacific Coast, Danyasa is a home for retreats, classes, and trainings in yoga and other movement arts, as well as a hub for surfing, adventure, exploration, and relaxation. Danyasa is located in the heart of the small beach town of Dominical, Costa Rica. Friendly, organized, and service-oriented work exchanger is needed for a commitment of a minimum of 90 days for the position of guest liaison.
About the work exchange program
The Guest Liaison position is ideal for somebody who loves to be around others and spread positive energy, making a lasting impression on somebody’s transformational vacation or retreat.
Danyasa employs two Guest Liaisons at a time. The Guest Liaisons are the primary interface with guests staying at Danyasa Eco-Retreat.
The term guests below will interchangeably mean guests, retreat leaders, and participants.
- The Guest Liaison’s primary function is to make the guests feel cared for and at home and provide essential concierge services and hospitality.
- The Guest Liaisons coordinate with the Danyasa Reception team around guest arrival and transportation arrangements, tour bookings, outstanding payments, etc.
- Guest Liaisons greet guests on arrival to tour the facilities and show them to their rooms. Guest Liaisons also show prospective walk-in guests the room options and facilities.
- During retreats, Guest Liaisons give an orientation to the whole group on the first day. As well as meet with the facilitators upon arrival to go through the schedule and make sure communication and expectations are clear with the timing of studio use, meals, excursions, proper use of facilities and sound system, etc.
- Guest liaisons provide information about tours, excursions, places in town, etc.
- Guest Liaisons assist during meals as the interface between the guests and the kitchen and assist with plating and serving meals.
- Guest Liaisons are available on-site during their shifts and at night to handle guest needs and questions.
- Guest Liaisons review and interface with housekeepers and maintenance staff to ensure rooms and facilities are ready and in good condition for guests.
- Guest liaisons are the temple keepers, beautifying the space and performing some minor on-site duties such as opening and closing pool umbrellas, lighting candles, stocking pool towels, resetting lighting timers, changing safe batteries, etc.
- A Clear Communicator
- Detail Oriented
- Emotionally Balance
- An Early Riser
- A Team Player
- Has excellent command of English and ideally has some basic Spanish skills
What’s in it for You?
Each Guest Liaison gets a private room with AC, high-speed WiFi, laundry service, staff kitchen use, common areas, and pool, discounts in our boutique, and free access to yoga classes.
Free tours and excursions can usually be negotiated with the local tour providers. Breakfast is also included, and if a retreat group is getting meals, then Guest Liaisons get meals included as well.
The Guest Liaison position pays $1000 per month. Pay is divided into two monthly payments of $500, and payday is the 16th and the 1st of each month. Guest Liaisons are expected to work 3.5 day/night shifts per week and can coordinate shifts among themselves.
Guest Liaisons must post at least one social media post and/or story per shift to Danyasa’s social media profile.
How to apply?
Please, record a video (under 3 mins) and tell your future host:
- Why do you feel called to be a part of the team and mission?
- What experience do you have working in hospitality?
- What is your favorite hotel, and why?
- How do you create space for yourself when where you live and work are the same space, in close quarters?
- What’s an example of a difficult client, and how do you handle them?
- Have you lived in a country outside of where you grew up, and what is your experience with cultures different than your own?
When applying, please send your video to employment(at)danyasa.com.
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Costa Rica. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Costa Rica also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!