Yoga retreat work trade in Australia
Govinda Valley is a volunteer based retreat centre located at the foot of the Royal National Park in Australia, providing the service and facilities for groups to host their own unique retreats, while immersing themselves in the spectacular natural surroundings. It’s a yogic community aspiring to live a simple, clean and spiritually fulfilled lifestyle, role modelling a practical balance between material and spiritual life.
About the volunteer program
Volunteering with Govinda Valley is a perfect combination of karma yoga, private retreat time, sharing in community life and enjoying the enriching benefits of the personal development program, which consists of yoga and various kinds of workshops and activities.
Your help is needed in the following areas
Volunteers play a significant role in the daily operation of Govinda Valley retreat center. If you have some experience in the following areas, you are welcome to apply for the program:
- House keeping
- Grounds maintenance
- Building and construction
- Social Media
- Website design
Volunteers are asked to work 5-6 hours a day, 5 days a week.
What to expect
- No intoxication (including drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or other addictive substances)
- No pets
- Modest and appropriate dress
- A good work ethic under the direction of our regular staff
- Being always conscious of the comfort and convenience of other staff, guests or volunteers (no unreasonably late nights, no excessive noise, respect for each other’s space and privacy, etc)
What’s in it for you?
- Free accomodation in a shared volunteer house or tents
- Free vegetarian meals
- Daily morning meditation and philosophy classes
- Hatha yoga classes according to availability of teachers and students
- Group day trips to waterfalls and beaches in the warmer months
You might need to book a cheap accommodation on your way to Australia. If you book your stay through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!
You’ll probaly need to book a cheap flight to Australia also. If you book your flight through our website, you support hopperjobs.com to list more great and free job opportunities worldwide. Click here for booking!